When you walk in the door after a long day at work, what do you find? A relaxing retreat? If you are like many busy families, you might come home to kids frantically searching for sports gear, piles of papers on the kitchen counters, and a playroom that looks like a toy store exploded. Rather than leaving the stress of your job and commute behind, you find yourself more overwhelmed with all there is to do.
The idea that disorganization is causing you stress is real. In a four-year study of 32 families by the UCLA Center for Everyday Lives of Families, researchers found direct correlations between clutter levels and stress levels, particularly in women. Even more than the visual look of clutter, the spike in stress hormones was related to the loss of time spent picking up, hunting for something to wear, and searching for lost items.
We understand that getting organized sometimes sounds easier than it is. Our Denver home organization professionals are here to help you create lasting organization solutions that work for both you and your family.
Five Ways an Organized Home Is a Happy Home
When everything has a place in your home, the sense of order contributes to a sense of well-being. Five potential benefits when you calm the chaos include:
- Reduced Family Conflicts – Imagine less tension in the household when everyone knows where their stuff should be and can find it when they need it.
- Healthier Eating – Clutter-free kitchens give you the space to enjoy preparing meals with your family instead of turning to take-out.
- Exercise – Have more time and energy to bike, run, do yoga, or enjoy other activities that also help reduce stress.
- Socializing – Entertain more often, spending time with friends in your welcoming, decluttered home.
- Peace of Mind – Organized spaces are more efficient and make life at home more relaxing.
Is Your Busy Family Ready to Get Organized?
A busy family’s life may never be completely stress-free, but getting organized can make life a little easier. Professional home organization services from Lifestyle Management of Colorado get you started and keep you going with systems designed to meet your family’s needs.
Interested in more information how our Denver home organizers can help you and your busy family? Contact us today!